1. It is the parent/carer’s responsibility to identify the safest route for their child to travel to and from school.
2. It is strongly recommended that children are accompanied by an adult until they are competent to travel to and from school independently. Riding and scooting in groups where possible is also recommended.
3. While the RideScore program aims to provide a message when each child arrives at school or leaves, there may be cases where due to technical problems with the mobile carrier system or other technical issues beyond the control of the RideScore program these messages may not be sent.
4. This is a new platform that is still in trial. In the unlikely event that there are technical problems, please assist us by notifying our team of any issues as soon as they arise.
5. Participation in the RideScore Program requires the secure placement of a weatherproof Bluetooth beacon on your child’s bike or scooter. This is attached to the bicycle frame or stem of the scooter (or other appropriate location as instructed) with the use of ‘zip ties’ to fix it in place.
6. It is the responsibility of the participating student and/or parents to regularly check the secure placement of the beacon and report any concerns to school or council officers.
7. The Bluetooth beacon remains the property of the RideScore Program and must be returned on leaving the program or at the end of the school year. The school / council officers are to be contacted if the beacon is damaged or needs to be removed. There is a replacement fee of $20.00 in the event of a lost or damaged beacon.
8. Beacons are not transferable to another student.
9. Students must wear their helmet and obey all road rules whilst riding their bikes to and from school.
10. Students must store their bike or scooter at the designated bike cage facilities to enable the beacon signals to be registered at school.